Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thinking binges...

So sometimes I get on these thinking binges and think about all the time we've been apart. We've been together for about 2 1/2 years and I can easily count the number of weeks we've actually physically been together.

So between March 17th, 2008 and now, here's a list of the holidays and other times we've spent physically together.
  • 2 weeks together in June 2008 for his leave from Iraq (this is the only time we've been together in summer months as well)
  • 5 days in November 2008 when he came home from Iraq
  • Month long block leave in December 2008/January 2009....a whole 30 days!!!
  • 2 1/2 day weekend in February 2009 for Valentines Day
  • 9 days in April 2009, when he came home for a few days, then we flew to NY and we spent a few more days together before he went to Germany
  • 21 days in December 2009/January 2010 for the holidays
  • 10 (perfect and bittersweet) days in March 2010 in Germany before he deployed.
And now for the holidays we've spent together:
  • My 23rd birthday in June 2008
  • 2 Christmas' (2008 and 2009)
  • 2 New Years (2009 although I fell asleep and ruined our first New Years together...and 2010. I promised him I'd stay awake for this one)
  • Valentines Day 2009
  • I think we were physically together (in a hotel room) for Easter 2009 for the morning, and then I had to fly home later that day, so we didn't get to do any Easter activities, so I don't really count this as a holiday spent together. However, I do love easter and easter egg hunts and I remember I made him a few plastic easter eggs, and put them in my suitcase for him. I just don't know if it was actually on Easter or just around the time and I did the eggs a little early.
Either way...we have a minimum of 6 holidays (7 holidays tops) spent together in 2 1/2 years.

Now that I'm officially depressed thinking of our lack of quality time together, I'm going to bed early.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I try not to think about it all...lol I hate they have to miss so much :(

    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete