Friday, August 27, 2010

Mil-Spouse Friday Fill In

So I'm participating in my first ever mil-spouse Friday fill in. I like reading these but just haven't hopped on the blog-wagon for it yet. There's a first time for everything. Here goes...

(I don't know how to get the cute little button on here, so this disclaimer will do for now...)

  1. What secret indulgence do you act on while your spouse is away? (from Devil Dog Darling)
    Definitely not shaving my legs. At least all the way...I just shave from my knees down. And also watching mass quantities of reality TV that Seth wouldn't tolerate :)

  2. If you were a spice, what would you be? (from New Girl On Post)
    Cinnamon because it's supposed to speed up your metabolism and that would be great right about now!

  3. Where do you go for support when your significant other is deployed? (from Texas Meets Washington)
    I have a few online girls who know what it's like, and whose husbands are deployed too. I really wish I had some mil spouses in person that I could see and talk to though (the ones I know live in different states). This is the time where I really wish I was on a base somewhere and could be by other people who know what it's like. I rarely talk to my civilian friends about it though because they just don't understand.

  4. What is the oldest thing you own? (from A Troop’s Girl)
    My blankie for sure. :) Seth is going to cringe when he reads this. haha...I was a blankie stealer in pre-school. I'd steal them from my friends. I stole my mom's pillow case when I was pretty young and it's been my blankie ever since. It was from when she was a kid and it's a sweet hideous pink, orange, yellow and green massive flowers.

  5. How did you vision your future pre-military? (from Daddy’s Duty)
    I'll be honest: I never ever EVER envisioned the military in any way shape or form in my life. I always wanted the 4 kids (2 boys, 2 girls), white picket fence, husband home each night by 5 and we'd put the kids to bed together. He'd have a fancy day job, and he'd wear a suit and tie. I'd drive a mini-van and he'd have an upper class sedan or SUV. I'd be an elementary school teacher and would spend school breaks with our kids. We'd have a dog and a cat and a big backyard and live on the cul-de-sac with lots of kids in the neighborhood. We'd have regular family vacations and drive across the country and go camping and see and learn about new places. Instead, I've spent the last 2 1/2 years in a long distance relationship, on different continents for 2 of those years, with a 6 to 8.5 hour time difference depending, seeing him only a handful of times per year and still totally madly in love with a SOLDIER. Someone who wears his uniform more than the suit and tie that I always dreamed of (he does love a nice suit and tie though, for the record). Oh how sexy that uniform is though! We have yet to achieve any of the things on my fantasy list above, yet I wouldn't change any of it for all the money in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment