Sunday, February 6, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Sunday Fill In #2

Yeah, so I'm late. I was getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday and my face is still swollen. I look like a chipmunk! I wish the doctor would have told me that the most swelling occurs on day three! Just in time for me to go back to work tomorrow. Awesome...

Thanks to Wife Of A Sailor of these questions :)

1. Since most of the country has had nasty weather, what has your weather been like this week?

We got hit pretty hard on Tuesday evening. We got an email on Tuesday afternoon that school was canceled for Wednesday, for ALL employees, including ME!! It came at the PERFECT time. We got quite a bit of snow...I think 14 inches with lots of blowing and drifting and sub zero windchills. Thursday was a snow day for the students also, but unfortunately, not for me. I didn't go in until 9 though, so that was a bonus.

2. What is/are your best money saving tip(s)?
Ummm...I try to put a lot into my savings account when I first get paid and then I try really hard at not dipping into that savings. But care packages do get expensive and I tend to forget about mailing costs. I like to keep just a little in my checking account so then I actually have to transfer the money, which makes me (usually) think twice about if I really need it or not.

3. What was your favorite vehicle you’ve ever owned??
My current car!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Passat :) It's the second car I've ever owned...my first one was a Toyota Corolla that I also loved. But I love my Passat dearly and do not look forward to the day I have to trade her in. I may or may not have cried when I traded in my Corolla.

4. What is a question you’d like to see asked in a future fill-in? (Your question & blog just may appear one week!)
Oh dear, I have no idea. I'm lame. I admit it.

5. Fill in the blank: You might be a MilSpouse if….
(I will be including some of your answers in a future post (with a link to your blog, of course!)

You might be a MilSpouse if....2 weeks after your love goes back to war, you finally get around to washing the towel he last used and left hanging in the bathroom. (Side note: the only reason I'm washing it is because my sister is living with me right now and we need more clean towels. I suppose I could go buy another one or two, but then I would have to transfer money to my checking account and I don't really need more towels.... His shoes are still by the door, his razor blade on my purple razor is still on the counter, his clothes aren't fully washed yet because I still smell them...yeah)


No comments:

Post a Comment