Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stupid 4-Eyes!!

I'm going to my annual eye doctor tomorrow. I am so not looking forward to it for one reason only: glasses are soooo expensive. I've honestly had my regular glasses for over 3 years now, and I've had my sunglasses for 2 years. I really like my glasses, but they are getting rickety, and I just am ready for something new. (I've gotten new lenses the last few years, to save money). My sunglasses, on the other hand, have sucked since I got them. When I first got them, they were really tight on my head and pinched my brains together and make my brain guts come out of my eyeballs. Practically. Basically they hurt my head to wear. And the longer I wore them, the more they hurt. The people at the eye doctor said they couldn't make them out because of the material they were made out of, or some crap like that. I stuck with them last year because it was going to be about $200 to get new lenses for my regular glasses and a new pair of sunglasses.

This year however, I cannot do that. Over the weekend, I got in my car and put on my sunglasses, only to have them snap in half. Literally. And not even in the middle, by the nose where they connect. Nope, at least I could tape those!! These ones snapped over the right lens, right in the middle of the frame. It pissed me off. I dug out an extra old pair so I could wear them to the pool and I couldn't see worth crap. So I'm expecting to spend a good $400, and that is after my $250 is applied from my insurance. Luckily, I was anticipating having to get new glasses, so I put another $200 away in my FSA account. I'm still expecting to pay another $200 or so on top of this. Almost $600 for glasses. It's ridiculous. (I'll still have to pay whatever after the $250 is applied out of my pocket and then send in reimbursement forms, so I'll be down that money for a while). And I want extra cute ones because I'll be wearing those for my wedding pictures, and I want nice sunglasses for our honeymoon. And it doesn't help that I am insanely picky about my glasses.

Ugghhhhhh and I wish he could be here to pick them out. I don't know if I can trust the sales people. Also, they better not try to do that little puff of air in my eyeball. I hate that too.

On a side, yet related note, I found a $15 insurance reimbursement check today. It said void after 90 days and it was dated 4/18, so I better get my ass to the bank. That $15 will be going towards my glasses. I wish I didn't even have to wear glasses, but I look stupid without them, I think. Plus, he thinks they look sexy on me or something. All they are to me is an expensive inconvenience. Lucky for him, he's had corrective eye surgery, so he doesn't have to worry about them.

I wonder what Tricare would provide for me. Hopefully something better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment