Tuesday, November 16, 2010

This time of year...

Two years ago, I was in Ft. Drum, NY, visiting Seth, after he got home from Iraq. (Actually, this day, 2 years ago, I was flying back home to MI after visiting him for a mere 4 days).
One year ago, Seth was in Germany and I was still here in Michigan.
This year, he'll be in Afghanistan.
Next year, we'll be happily married and if my plan goes my way, we'll be on the same continent, in the same country, the same state, the same city and the same household! I don't even care if we're in a different part of the country, away from our families, I just want to spend one fall with him. One whole season! Can you imagine? I can't. I want to spend Thanksgiving with him. We've never spent Thanksgiving together, in our almost 3 year relationship.

Next year it WILL be different though.

1 comment: