Friday, October 8, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill In!

Hosted by Wife of a Sailor :)

1. What is the longest road trip you've ever taken?

When I was younger, we drove across the country a few times for family vacations. California to Niagara Falls and back, and then the following summer we did it again when we moved to Michigan. I think I've driven back to CA twice since we've lived here. Longest road trip with Seth is from Ft. Drum to Michigan in December :) Haha I think we both have very fond (I use that term very loosely) memories of this trip...the day we left Drum, there was a blizzard with lots and lots and lots of snow. We were driving like 15 mph for about 5 hours and I think that got us to Buffalo (or around that area), and I remember him telling me it normally takes like 2 hours to get to there. After lots of begging him to pull over for the day, he agreed to. I think the only reason he agreed though was to shut me up. I honestly didn't know I was making him so mad on that trip with my constant nagging until he told me afterward. He said he had to try his very hardest not to push me out of the car and into the snow and leave me!! (He does love me, I swear). We pulled over at a Comfort Inn I believe, and I was wearing these stupid new snowboots I got...stupid Rocket Dogs....and since we couldn't drive anywhere, we walked across the street to this little mom and pop restaurant and I was slipping and sliding all across the road. The Rocket Dog boots had NO traction and I got rid of them as soon as I got home. It was still very early in the day and we were really bored in the hotel room (you can only do that so much!!!!) so I convinced him to walk across the street again to the gas station to buy a deck of cards. No cards, but we returned with lots of beer and energy drinks and an ice scraper for his car. The next day was a perfectly sunny and clear drive for the rest of the trip. (Oh man babe, remember how fun that was!?!?!? I learned early on what not to do in long car rides with him!!)



2. Do you collect anything? Tell us about it.

I don't really collect anything. I keep keepsakes, but I don't consider that a collection.

3. What is your favorite part about being an adult?

I guess being able to do what I want, when I want? Not that my parents were really strict, but I guess it's cooler now.

4. What song brings a tear to your eye?

Oh man....this list is endless. Military ones ALWAYS do. I have a habit of torturing myself by watching YouTube videos of ordinary songs that are put with a bunch of military homecoming pictures and just watching and bawling my eyes out. Gary Allen's "Tough Little Boys", Lonestar's, "I'm Already There", Avenged Sevenfold "Dear God" (that's our deployment song actually), Trace Adkins' "All I Ask For Anymore (this came out last year around Christmas and it was always on CMT right before Seth came home for the holidays. I watch CMT when I'm getting ready in the morning and I'd see it every morning and always get sooooo excited and think to myself, "that'll be me in just a few more days!!!" It was always happy tears), John Michael Montgomery's "Letters From Home." Toby Keith's "American Soldier."

5. Describe your first plane ride (how old you were, where you were heading, etc.)?

I really don't have any idea. I think it was from CA to Texas, but I don't remember that at all. I think I was 8 or 9 then and just remember somehow ending up in Texas for a family vacation and I'm almost positive we didn't drive. The first plane ride I remember was a few months after we moved to Michigan, my grandma in CA died and we flew back for her funeral. It was the middle of winter and I remember sitting on the plane in my winter jacket, watching them de-ice the plane. It was really dark outside and it was an over night flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment