Friday, October 1, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill In :)

Hosted by Wife of a Sailor :)

1. What is the silliest get-up you have ever worn outside of a Halloween party? (from To The Nth)
I don't really get dressed up for this kind of thing. I don't even really like dressing up for Halloween. I just don't really find it fun. One year I was a ladybug for Halloween...a very drunk lady bug and we'll leave it at that.


2. What is something that you gave up in order to live the military lifestyle? (from Pennies from Heaven)
A "normal" relationship. Seeing Seth on a regular basis, spending holidays and seasons together. I haven't had to move yet, but in less than a year, I will be giving up my job to go wherever he is. I'll be giving up everything I've ever known for something completely new and exciting. With him, of course (!!!)


3. If money wasn’t a factor and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why? (from Life and Times of a Displaced Jersey Girl)
I would love to go to the Great Barrier Reef. Sometimes at work, I Google Earth the hell out of different places, and all in one day I travel the world. I love looking at the pictures that people upload. I really want to go snorkeling, but I do not want to get into a wetsuit. And I'm scared of snorkels. I don't trust them...I like, hyperventilate trying to breathe through them. I mostly just want to see the reefs and the fish and other animal life.


4. If you were going to join the military, what branch would you join? Or which MOS/rating would you choose? (from And You Never Did Think)
Army only because that's what I am somewhat familiar with and we could get stationed together and possibly deployed together. Or the Navy, I really do love boats. Although I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that. I think I could live on a boat though. For an MOS, I'd probably do something with computers because that's what I know. But lets be honest here: I would never do well in any branch of the military; I couldn't make it, I'm way to girly and prissy. And plus: they wouldn't want me. I'm 99.9% sure of that. I'm totally cool with that though. I'll be linked to the Army by default and that's perfectly OK with me.


5. What is your favorite thing to make for dinner? (fromArmendinger Party of 4)
I like to make a lot of things. For Seth, I really like making lasagna. It's a fun dish to make, I like the layers. And hello, who doesn't love cheese? One time, for the one and only Valentine's Day we've spent together, we met in Cleveland for a long weekend. He was living in the barracks at the time, so I baked him a lasagna dish the night before we met. I made it in one of those portable tin pan things and I gave it to him when we got to the hotel. Since it was February in Ohio, and we didn't have a fridge in our room, we put the lasagna dish by the cracked open window and that kept it cold and safe to eat. We also didn't have utensils, but he had gotten a heavy duty knife for Christmas and left it at my apartment, and so I just so happened to have that with me (I was returning it to him). We used that massive knife to cut little bites of lasagna and then ate it with our fingers. Then he got to take the rest of the lasagna back to his barracks room and eat it for a few days. It was pretty sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I loved that last story about lasagna:) pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete