Thursday, December 30, 2010

R&R Is so close....

I CAN TASTE IT!!!

This post is going to be all over the place because I have R&R on the brain and I'm not functioning at full capacity because my mind is on one thing and one thing only: being reunited at the airport finnnnnnnalllllly :) This deployment can suck it for two weeks but that's besides the point.

I've made a to-do list of things to get done before Seth gets home. Today I was uber productive and scratched off at least 8 things! The rest are things that need to be done right before he gets here, such as stocking the fridge with his favorite beer food, fruits and veggies, getting a manicure and pedicure, washing the bed sheets, etc.

I've been working from home this week since the building is technically "closed" this week, but that's a whole rant and rave that gets my panties in a bunch and I don't want to talk about it. I could never work from home full time, because I have NO motivation. I have enjoyed going to the gym in the middle of the day, doing laundry in the middle of the day, sleeping in, showering in the middle of the day, etc. Next week, back to reality, is going to be killer.

Seth claims he doesn't feel the excitement about coming home days in advance. Once he's on the last leg of the trip him, then he can get excited about it, but until then, he tends to show no emotion. He's been like this since we've met, and I'm just the opposite. I get excited like 23094809 days in advance, and then I'm like a little kid and I project my excitement onto him, and everyone else who wants to listen, and he gets rather annoyed with me, because it's not here yet, but I get excited way too in advance. We've been texting a lot these last few weeks, and my cell phone bill is going to be pretty high because of the international texts. I don't care though. It'll make up for the lack of international texts in the coming weeks because he'll be HOME! I can tell he's getting excited though, even if he doesn't SAY it out loud to me. He's been calling me "babe" a LOT more than he has this whole deployment, he's been texting me more often, he's talking about all the fun we'll have on R&R. We have a good amount of money saved up to do whatever with when he's home, too. It's going to be the best 2 weeks of my entire life. :)

I was talking to a girl who works at my gym and she's pretty cool. I'll call her N. Somehow we, along with two other girls, got to talking about bodies and plastic surgery. N is a little bigger, and as she says, her booty "is wide" but not out. She told me today that she wishes she had my butt. Haha It was a compliment. Not that I have a perfect butt or anything, I've got a ghetto booty, not going to lie. It sticks out. I like my butt though, I really do. We did butt exercises today too and it was burrrrning. Anyways, Seth likes my booty too. He tells me so. He likes to smack it whenever I bend over. Or just in general. Not like hard, but you know, just a little "love pat." I can't wait for him to do this sooooon!!!! :) While we're on the topic, he has such a cute booty. He has a small one, but I still love it!!! No real significance to this, other than a girl complimented my ass.

So everyone in the blogging world is doing a year in review thing. Here's mine.

January - Seth left to go back to Germany, after being home for 2 1/5 weeks and we got engaged. :)
February - I left for Germany to go visit him before he deployed
March - Germany, Germany, Germany!! We had SUCH a great vacation together and I cannot wait to go back. I drank so much beer in those 10 days and we traveled to awesome cities and explored a lot. I also discovered jack and coke in a can, which is simply amazing. Ahhhh. March 8th, I came back to MI and that was the last time we saw each other in person. Seth's27th birthday happened at the end of March.
April - Seth deployed.
May - Deployment depression set in.
June - Deployment depression continued, I turned 26, booked a wedding photographer, school year ended, I started blogging.
July - Ummmmm....4th of July took place. I went to a BBQ. I faked happiness at said BBQ.
August - I went to see our wedding location in person, during summer months. (I booked it in January, and hadn't seen it in its full summer glory in person, and I was NOT disappointed!!) Molli started at work (Hi Molli!) and we became fast friends and she pulled me out of my damn deployment depression. Thank God for her :)
September - School started, time started going by realllly fast, thankfully.
October - Reached 50% deployment completed. Molli and I started our weekly Thursday night dinners together, time was going by really fast now.
November - Molli and I joined a bootcamp program at my gym. I kicked my workouts up a few notches, and spent the whole month sore :) Had a pretty good Thanksgiving with the family.
December - We were asked to be god-parents, my brother and sister came home for the holidays, I made it through Christmas, celebrated 1 year engagementversary. Anxiously awaited January 2011...

So, in summary, it's been a rough year. It got better as it went on, but still. I've been over 2010 for a while now. I have so many exciting things happening in 2011, it can't come soon enough. Only about 25 hours left. We'll be getting married, I'll be leaving my job, I'll be PCS'ing the crap out of my life, we'll be living together (on the same continent, time zone, state, city and address!! There's a first time for everything!!), we'll get a puppy and a kitty, and the deployment will be over.

All I've got to say is bring on 2011 :)

Happy New Year, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. See ya, 2010!!!!

    R&R!!!! AAAH!!!!!

    You better have your outfit planned!!

    I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete