Friday, December 3, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill in # 12

I have 25 followers! Hi there! Feel free to welcome yourselves, I would love to meet you!

So here's the MilSpouse Friday Fill in. I guess it could technically be considered 13, because last week would have been 12, but there wasn't one last week because it was a holiday. So we'll go with 12 for the sake of chronological order, but in my mind it will actually be 13. Head on over to Wife of A Sailor to link up!!


  1. If you were given $1,000 right now, how would you spend it?
    I would divvy it up equally between paying for our new couch, our new TV and saving money for R&R (WHICH WILL BE NEXT MONTH!!!!!!)

  2. If you had to choose a movie title (a real one that already exists) for your life story, what would it be?
    I'm tempted to say The Little Mermaid although that would have absolutely no significance. I just really love that movie. And the soundtrack. I guess in reality though, I would pick Dear John by Nicholas Sparks because that movie is so much like our relationship. We met while Seth was home on leave last deployment (granted, we "met" online and then met in person on leave), but their relationship is very similar to ours. Except for the part where she marries someone else. Up until that point, it's totally us. (And for the record, I'm sure you're wondering if I like the book or the movie more...I prefer the movie. The book depressed the hell out of me, but I loved the movie).

  3. If you were a teacher, what subject would you like to teach?
    I would much rather teach lower elementary, like K-2 than upper EL or secondary. Bring on the fun activities for learning! I've also started participating in lots of classes at my gym and for a brief moment, I thought it could be fun to teach a class. Don't get me wrong, I do not enjoy 1) public speaking while jumping around all outta breath and 2) jumping around while looking at myself in the mirror. And I know a work out class at a gym is not a "subject" but it's along the same lines. I would never have the guts to teach a work out class actually. I've just thought about how I'll continue my gym routine when I move to be with Seth and thought that classes would be a good way.

  4. Has being a MilSpouse changed how you view holidays or how your holidays are celebrated? If so, how? If not, what hasn’t changed?
    Of course. I don't care so much about the holidays this year. I just want them over really. Last year I was so friggin excited for this time of year, it couldn't come fast enough. Seth was home last Christmas and that made the whole season that much more enjoyable. This will be our first Christmas apart (and probably not the last) and I'll be spending part of the day with his family.

  5. What is your favorite Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) memory?
    Ahhh, so many. I used to always paint my nails and curl my hair on Christmas Eve, so on Christmas morning, I would always look cute in the pictures. Never worked...still looked like a nerdy teenager. One year, my aunt taught my sister and I how to sneak unwrap our presents and package them back up. My brother, sister and I undid all of our presents and not much was a surprise. Another year, we all gathered in my sister's room and told each other EVERYTHING that we knew our parents had purchased for each other. (This was my idea, I'm sure. I always convinced my mom to tell me what she got my brother and sister and I lovehate surprises so much, I just HAVE to know what is under that wrapping paper and it kills me waiting for Christmas morning to find out). One year, my siblings and I slept a little too late for our grandma's liking, so she started banging cupboards and pots and pans to wake us up so we could open presents. My sister and I used to always make coffee on Christmas morning to lure our parents out of bed. Then we'd have to wait patiently for my brother to wake up and since I couldn't wait that long, I would run downstairs and yell at him to wake up so we could do presents and then he'd get really mad at me and start his morning off wrong. Sometimes, haha I'm so mean, I would let our dog in from outside...when he was all wet and cold...and go downstairs and make him jump on my brother so it would be the dogs fault not my own for waking my brother up. One year my sister and I chose a present to sneak into my room to open early together. Late on Christmas Eve, when we couldn't sleep because we were too excited, we snuck into the living room and we stole a present out from under the tree (we were going to take it back to my room and open it). We thought my grandma was asleep in the living room chair but she was actually awake and she yelled at us and she scared us and we ran into my room and we knocked over a picture and broke the glass in the frame. Ahhhh good times. I can't wait to have my sister home for Christmas this year!! I could honestly do without presents though if it meant Seth and I could be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment