Friday, May 27, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In # 5

Link up Wife of A Sailor!!
  1. Do you think civilians, in general, understand the meaning of Memorial Day?

    No, not really. I just read a post by Wife on the Roller Coaster that only 28% of Americans understand the true meaning of it. Only 28%!!!! She did a really nice post on 10 ways to observe Memorial Day. For the civilian world, it’s an extra day off work/school and the kick off of summer.


  2. What are your plans for the Memorial Day Weekend?
    Since I don't live in a big military community, I found a volunteer opportunity in a neighboring town. It's placing American flags at a military cemetery. Patrick and I will also be attending the parade in town (and he'll be dressed up wearing red, white and blue) and I'll be wearing my I <3 my soldier t-shirt. (This is the 4th Memorial Day that Seth and I have been together, and we have yet to actually be in the same country to observe it. Hopefully next year will be different!)


  3. What skill/talent do you wish you had? submitted by The 3 Turners

    I wish I had a lot of talents. I lack a lot. Really. It'd be cool to sing. Or to be an artist so I could do all sorts of cool one of a kind paintings for our house.

  4. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? submitted by I Married Into The Army

    Oh wow, interesting question. Hmm, I'm going to say chicken because I like chicken.

  5. What is the best thing about your post (base)? The worst? submitted byRandomly, Robyn

    I don't live on post, so I shouldn't answer this. But, I will give an answer based on Seth's current post. Best and worst is that it's in Germany. It's awesome that he's in Germany and gets to be stationed there, but at the same time, he's soososososo far away, isn't home for most things, calling cards are expensive, we're apart, etc.



    Happy Friday! For your viewing pleasure, here are a few pictures of Patrick :)
    Link


1 comment:

  1. Patrick is the CUTEST EVER!!! His name just makes him even more adorable :)

    ReplyDelete