Thursday, May 5, 2011

Deployment brain

It’s a real thing.

I pulled up a work email that I wrote last May (just over a month since Seth had deployed) and re-read it. I sent this email to every single teacher in our district (like 500ish), along with my boss. I wrote:

With the end of the 4th marking period (and the school year!) just about here, I wanted to send out the procedures for you to complete in your gradebook. Please be sure to contact your office regarding

Yep, the email ends right there. With “regarding.” Just like that. I usually read and re-read and re-re-read my emails so I don’t do this kind of stuff, but either I failed to do that or I did re-read it and I just failed to notice it then too.

And ironically, I don’t remember getting any emails from anyone asking me to finish my sentence. Which means 1) they don’t bother to read my emails or 2) they don’t even care enough to ask.

Hell, I didn’t give a crap about anything at that point in time either.

What a difference a year makes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment