Friday, January 28, 2011

Back with Mil-Spouse Friday Fill-Ins

R&R is unfortunately way over, and now I'll be counting down these fill-ins till we see each other again. Shouldn't be more than 13 weeks that I have to do these...and yes, I'm restarting my numbering. Deal, you chronological freaks like myself!

Thanks to Wife of A Sailor for the questions!

1. If you were a famous movie star, what types of movies would you star in?
Drama! Some people may or may not tell me I am a little dramatic at times. I don't know what they are talking about.

2. What is a vacation you would like to take if money were no object?
Oh geez. All over the place. Every single continent in the world, all the countries in the continents. All the states. I would love to take a cruise to Antarctica, but that place is hella cold (from what I imagine and see on TV). I can't wait to go back to Germany. I want to travel all over Europe.

3. Did you have pets growing up?
Of course! We had Muffy, a little terrier dog. We won him at a fair. Really, we did. But he ran away a little while after that. We had a cat named Cinnamon, another cat I can't remember, we had a dog named Little Bob. He was the coolest dog ever!! We named him Little Bob after the Harry and The Henderson's movie. They had a dog named Little Bob and we went to the pound to get our Bob and my sister saw him in his cage and she yelled, "LOOK MOM! IT'S LITTLE BOB!!" And so the name stuck, and he was honestly the best dog ever. So cool and so smart and so energetic. We had Kara (a mean cat, I liked cats until we got her), Carter (a dog, named after a lumber yard), two birds (Shoehead and another name I can't remember), guinea pigs (Teddy and Kewie), a few garden snakes, a rat named Splinter after the rat on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (he was my brother's). Right now my parents have a cat named Pancake and a dog named Harry. Both are from the pound and I love them both. I can't wait till we have a house and we're able to get our own pets (although that's a whole different post for another day!)

4. What do you do for exercise?
I go to the gym at least 4 days per week. I usually do 30 mins on the elliptical, do some weights and then do another 15 or 20 mins on a bike. I wish I could be a runner, but it's not for me. I take at least one strength training class per week, I do squats and/or calf raises when I'm doing my hair in the morning, and when it's nice weather, I love to ride my bike. I actually really like the gym...and I'm excited to go tomorrow because I have a new pair of headphones! (Right before I went to my parent's house for a few days for Christmas, I hid my ipod somewhere in my apartment. I was robbed a few months ago...yes, where someone helps themselves into my apartment with a crowbar, steals my camera that Seth got me, goes through my bedroom closet, through my night stand, through my dresser drawer where my panties are. I hid my ipod because these burglars were looking for "small electronics" and my camera was sitting on my table...at the time I had my ipod in my gym bag, but ever since this happened, I have been hiding my small electronics when I leave. Yeah, so anyways, I still haven't found where I cleverly hid my ipod from myself...about a month ago. So now I have some sweet purple headphones with no ipod...at least there are TV's in the gym).

5. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received as a MilSpouse?
Mostly to stay busy while he's deployed. Two of my favorite quotes though are:

Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough. ~Unknown

It's hard to be the one always waiting. I mean, there's something to be said for the hero who charges off to battle, but when you get right down to it, there's a whole story in who's left behind...


2 comments:

  1. pancake is such a cute name for a pet. Oh and to answer your question... I HATE cake! my mom baked wedding cakes out of kitchen back when I was younger so I fear anything that comes out of a bakery except cheesecake of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog today and became a follower! Your blog is so cute!! I'm also planning a summer wedding for June 11th! I look forward to reading more about the stresses I'm sure you're going through too. :)

    ReplyDelete