Friday, September 3, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In!

  1. What is a weird/funny superstition that you have? (from A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench)
    Ummm, I don't really have any. Oh! I used to always pick up pennies if I see them on the ground, no matter if it was heads or tails up. However, a few years ago, a friend told me that they are only good luck if it's heads up. I've been ignoring and keeping away from tails ones for a while. And if I'm having a decent day and find a heads up one, I'll leave it for someone else to have a good day on.

  2. What are your hopes and dreams for the years AFTER the military? After all, we aren’t in it forever! (from Stetsons, Spurs and Stilettos)
    Just to be a "normal" family. Whatever normal is. I've always thought that he'd LOVE being a soccer coach for our kids' teams (and he'd be really good at it), whenever we have kids. Not that it's my dream for him to become a soccer coach, but I think it'd be cool.

  3. Since [this] month is National Apple Month (no really!), I’d probably ask: What is your yummiest apple recipe? (from NH Girl Displaced)
    Hmm, I like canning apples! Last year when my sister was home, we canned a bunch of them. By "a bunch," I am talking 48 jars of apple butter and 11 jars of sliced apples for pies. Here's a picture of my sister filling some jars:


  4. How long have you gone as a military spouse without talking to your husband/wife during service? (from A Navy Princess and Her Little Sailors)
    I think a week. At the beginning of this deployment, we talked on Sunday's only. It was rough. I don't think we've gone more than a week without talking, thank God. A week was long enough.

  5. I occasionally watch When I was 17… on MTV. So, what was something that was significant about your 17th year of life? (from Ashley Amazing)
    I was starting my senior year in high school. Umm....I got my braces off in October of my senior year after having them for 4 years. That was 9 years ago!! It's pathetic that getting my braces off was the highlight of my senior year. I'm sure there was more, but I can't think of any right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment