Saturday, January 18, 2014

I will be a better blogger from now on

I recently decided I wanted to blog more.  How many times have I said that?  That's a rhetorical question.  I mean it this time.  How will I ever find time time to blog,  you ask? Well I've got a newborn (whaaaaat, where did he come from!?) So I'll blog in the middle of the night when he's nursing :) good use of my time!  So that's my "excuse" for poor punctuation and spelling errors. Better than nothing though.

So that newborn I have? He's a sweet little thing!  He was born on November 3, 2023 at 5:42 pm, weighing 7 lb 11 oz and 18.5 inches long. We call him Benjamin and it fits him pretty darn good. He's a pretty patient and calm baby. He's pretty good at waiting his turn while I attend to Max.  The first few weeks were rough... More so than normal with a newborn...because it turns out he had a minor dairy sensitivity.  My mommy instincts told me he had an intolerance to something and so I started researching baby poops. Green and mucousy indicated a food intolerance so I talked to a pediatrician and he suggesed to cut out dairy, the most likely common culprit.  I cut it out (well,  the majority of it) and he's been so much happier and his poops ate back to being yellow and seedy!  Yay for normal breastfed poop! It's been an adjustment cutting out dairy... and I still cheat... but he's much happier now.  It's pretty minor so I think he will outgrow it eventually. 

Christmas was good.  We stayed home and didn't have any visitors. It was a nice, quiet family Christmas.  Well, we did have one visitor, Seth invited one of his single soldiers over for dinner and he thoroughly enjoyed the Cornish hens I made (when i offered him extras to take home,  He asked if he could have the extra hen!!)

Max is doing well and growing like a weed. He's always been on the smaller side but at his 18 month checkup last  week, he went from the 50th percentile to the 86th! He's only 18-25lbs though.  He's a skinny little thing.  Ben, however,  It's chunky and he already weighs 12.2 lbs (as of 2 weeks ago). He's my short and stout little guy while Max is tall and lean (for now anyways).

Both boys are asleep on my lap and I need to trim their fingers and toes before I put them in bed for the night.

Here's to being a better blogger in 2014!

And here is a picture of our boys on Christmas morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment