Friday, April 29, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill in #1

I haven't done one of these in like...a month! But I'm back! And I'm going to count the weeks till our July wedding. 12 weeks. EEK!!!! :)

Link up with Wife of a Sailor!!


1. Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together

Of course. Story of the last three years together. We weren't ready to get married when he PCS'd to Germany, so we continued the relationship to see where it would take us. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. And I can't wait for the distance to end...in July :)

2. What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted by Sarah Ruth Today
I can't fully attest to this, but I do like that we'll be moving to new places. And getting to live in many different places. Maybe we'll be doing this too frequently, and I'll get tired of it real quick, but I am really excited to be able to experience many new places and things eventually. And while I haven't traveled Space A yet, I am excited to give that a try too!

3. If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you? submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.
No way. I sometimes joke that if I win the lottery (I suppose it would increase my odds of winning if I actually played...) that I'd buy his way out of the Army, but I would never actually do that. We've talked about him getting out, prior to re-enlisting, but I think deep down we both know that it's going to be the Army way of life for the next 12 years at least. The Army had a big influence on who he is today and I wouldn't trade that for the world. Joining is one of the best things he's done, and I think he'd agree with that.

4. What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife
We've only had one and it went very well, in my opinion. We've had many separations and no matter what, each time, we pick up right where we left off. Deployment or just a separation, we pick up where we left off. It's great. I know that when we actually live together, it will be a big adjustment period for both of us, especially coming home to an actual home (not the barracks), possibly kids, it'll be an entirely different experience. And honestly? I can't wait to experience that.

5. If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something? submitted by Tiara’s & ACU’s
We don't have kids (yet), but we have our future daughter's name picked out. We've thrown around a lot of names for our un-conceived son, but haven't come to any decisions. Our daughter's middle name will be the same as his mother's middle name, and the first name is a name I've always liked and he likes too. No, I'm not posting them here and I don't even tell friends the names we like for fear that they'll have kids before us and love the name and steal it. That fear is way more mine than his, but it's a genuine fear I have. I just had the thought that we won't tell our parents either, because I know that will drive my mother absolutely INSANE. And I'll enjoy every minute of it. :)


P.S. I am trying really really really really really REALLY hard to not to go bedbathandbeyond.com. Why? Because. Because I already cheated once. Because I met Seth's mom today at the mall so we could get Seth's brother's suit for the wedding (he's in the wedding party). And Bed Bath and Beyond is right across from the mall. And when I was leaving, I saw her drive to that store. And my wedding shower is this weekend. And you know what that means? MAYBE SHE WENT SHOPPING FOR US. But I am going to be good this time I SWEAR and not go to the website and see what items have been fulfilled. I'm really not. Probably. No, I swear, I'm really not going to. I'm going to go watch hours of the Royal Wedding on TV to distract myself. Yes, I've been slightly obsessed with it today.


1 comment:

  1. I had my wedding shower this weekend as well, hope you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete