Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm Coming out of the Closet

Today, June 28th, 2010, marks the day that I am coming out of the closet. The blogging closet, that is. I’ve had this thought in the back of my mind for a few months now, but I’ve been scared/nervous/anxious to reveal my inner and personal thoughts to the blogging world to freaking strangers. And let’s be honest: I’m a bit of a weirdo. I hear this frequently from friends and family. I’m OK with it though.


I’m mostly doing this for myself. My fiancé is in the U.S. Army and he’s currently deployed to Afghanistan. This is going to be one of my coping mechanisms (other mechanisms include ice cream and late night baths, working out in an attempt to balance the ice cream eating, reading, writing him letters, making him care packages, and venting about deployments on the soon-to-be-spouse end. There are more, I’m sure, I just can’t think clearly right now). Maybe, just maybe, if I can help another spouse going through a deployment on the waiting-not-fighting end, all the better. If someone can read my blog and know they aren't alone while their spouse is away, hallelujah! You're not alone and I'm not alone, but there are certainly days when we feel like it.


So here it is. This is my official first coming-out blog. I've already got my second post started, but this will do for now. I can't back out now, I have to keep this going, if only for myself!


I wonder what he will think of this when I tell him. "He" being my fiance, who shall remain nameless for now. I'm thinking of a good nickname for him and that will be published at a later date.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment